Recipe courtesy of Cal-Organic Farms/Grimmway Farms
Cauliflower, Pasta and Cheese.....yum!
Total Yield: 6-8 Servings
• 2 tsp mustard, dijon style
• 8 cup(s) water
• 6 cup(s) cauliflower florets
• 3/4 tsp salt, divided
• 8 oz seashell pasta, small uncooked
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 3 cup(s) milk, 1% low-fat
• 2 tsp thyme, fresh, chopped
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 cup cheddar cheese, reduced-fat shredded
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh grated
• 3/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 2 white bread, slices
• 2 tsp butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add cauliflower and 1/2 teaspoon salt to boiling water and cook for 4 minutes or until tender. Remove cauliflower, reserving cooking liquid. Set cauliflower aside. Bring cooking liquid to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. Combine flour and milk in a saucepan, stirring well with a whisk. Stir in thyme and garlic. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 8 minutes), stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, cheeses, onions, mustard and pepper.
4. Combine cauliflower, pasta and cheese sauce in a large bowl. Spoon the cauliflower mixutre into a 13x9-inch baking dish.
5. Place bread in food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs form to measure 1 cup. Combine breadcrumbs with butter and sprinkle evenly over cauliflower mixture. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.