Recipe courtesy of Sweetpea Baby Food
Recipe makes about 4 parfaits
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter – 25 mL
- 2 ½ cups fresh diced pineapple - 625mL
- 1 tbsp pure Maple Syrup – 15mL
- 4 cubes Sweetpea Banana Blueberry Puree
- 1 cup crème fraiche or whole milk sour cream – 250 mL
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest, split 5 mL
- Fresh Mint (optional)
- Any of Sweetpea’s new Organic Cookies crumbled on top (optional)
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add pineapple and cook, without stirring, until all liquid has evaporated and the pineapple begins to caramelize, about 8 minutes. Stir in Syrup; reduce heat to low and cook until pineapple in fork tender, about 1 minute. Let cool to room temperature. For baby or toddler, mash or cut to desired consistency.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the Sweetpea Banana Blueberry, crème fraiche and lemon zest. Stir until incorporated; set aside
3. To assemble the parfait, use a clear vessel, whether individual champagne glasses or a clear serving bowl – both will work well. Alternate with layers of crème fraiche and glazed pinapple ending with the pinapple on the top layer.
4. Garnish with either fresh mint or crumbled Sweetpea Organic Cookies; Banana Pear, Pumpkin Spice or Sweet Apple…any of these garnishes would work out great.