Recipe courtesy of Cal-Organic Farms/Grimmway Farms
Organic ColorShred Carrot and Potato Galette with Herbed Creme Fresh and Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
4-6 depending on pan
• 3 tbsp butter
• paprika, pinch of
• lemon juice, squeeze of
• 8 oz jumbo lump crab meat
• 4 sprig(s) thyme, fresh
• 2 tbsp chives, fresh, minced
• 1 shallots, minced
• 1 cup creme fresh (creme fraiche)
• 2 cup potato - peeled & shredded
• 3 cup carrots, organic colorshred
1. Toss Grimmway Organic ColorShred Carrots and Shredded Potatoes with 2 Tbs of Clarified Butter. Season with Salt and Pepper.Heat a heavy non-stick sauté pan over high heat until nearly smoking.Lightly butter pan with some of the remaining clarified butter.Add some of the Carrot Mixture to the pan and shape into pancake.Cook for 1-2 minutes on high heat and then reduce heat. Sauté to golden brown.When Galette starts to shake free from pan flip Galette over and lightly brown on the other side.Repeat until all of the Galettes are cooked.Keep warm and crispy wrapped in foil in a 425 degree oven.
2. Prepare Herbed Crème Fraiche:Mix together Crème Fraiche, Shallots, Chives, Thyme, Lemon Juice and Salt & Pepper.
3. To Serve: Place Warm Galette on plate. Spread a Dollop of Crème Fraiche on Galette. Top Crème Fraiche with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat. Squeeze a bit of Lemon Juice on Crab and lightly sprinkle with Paprika.