Recipe courtesy of Sweetpea Baby Food
recipe makes about 3 dozen muffins
preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C)
36 cup minim muffin tin is required, greased
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour – 250 mL
- 1 tsp baking pawder – 5 mL
- Pinch Kosher salt
- ¾ cup Sweetpea Baby Food Organic Sweet Potato Puree – 4 cubes
- ½ cup agave nectar – 125 mL
- ½ cup whole milk – 125 mL
- 1 tsp melted unsalted butter – 5mL
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla seeds (about 1 vanilla pod) or 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
1. In a bowl, whisk flour, baking powder ad salt. Set aside
2. In a separate bowl, whisk sweet potato, agave nectar, milk and melted butter until combined. Add egg and vanilla and whisk until integrated. Fold dry ingredients into the wet, mixing just until incorporated. Do not overmix.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins until they are two-thirds full. Bake in preheated oven until muffins have risen and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center, about 10 minutes. Allow to cool until warm to the touch.