Contributed by Theresa Kiene,
Chief Executive Mommy, Homemade Baby®
These muffins are so yummy that when I make them, I can't keep them in the house! They are a healthy start for a busy day. Make plenty and freeze for use in lunch boxes or when you need a wholesome snack.
Makes 12 muffins
Ingredients and items needed:
Paper muffin liners, for pan
6 Tbsp organic unsalted butter,
At room temperature:
2 4oz cups Just Pears puree *from Homemade Baby®
2 large organic eggs, at room temperature
Grated zest of 1 organic lemon
2 Tbsp fresh organic lemon juice
2 cups organic oat flour
1 1/4 Tsp baking soda
2 mashed organic bananas
*note - If Homemade Baby® Just Pears are not available in your area you can easily peel, core and slice two organic pears. Steam pears until soft and puree in a blender for about 2 minutes for desired smoothness.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with liners.
2. Using a medium bowl, use a handheld electric mixer set at medium speed, beat the butter until creamy, about 1 minute. Gradually beat in each cup of Just Pears. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in lemon zest and lemon juice.
3. Sift together all the organic oat flour and the baking soda into medium bowl. Add to the butter mixture and beat until smooth. Stir in mashed bananas.
4. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups with an ice cream scoop. Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the tops spring back when pressed lightly.
5. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Muffins can be served warm with a favorite organic jam or wrapped for a lunch box or snack.