Recipe courtesy of Horizon® Organic
Serve along with a green salad or a bowl of soup.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 20 - 25 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Moderate
• 2 Tbsp. Horizon Organic® butter
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup diced ham, optional (cut dice about 1/4-inch)
• 1 cup cubed crusty bread (cut cubes about 1/2-inch)
• 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 cup Horizon Organic shredded cheddar cheese
• 3 Horizon Organic eggs
• 1/2 cup Horizon Organic whole or reduced fat milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch springform pan. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, ham, and bread and sauté for about 6 minutes, until the onion is softened and barely beginning to brown. Add the spinach and sauté for two or three more minutes, until the spinach is wilted. Transfer the spinach mixture into the greased pan and spread in an even layer, making sure that the ingredients are well distributed. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Whisk the eggs and milk together in a small bowl, then pour over the frittata. Bake for 30 minutes, until puffed and delicately colored. Cool for at least 15 minutes before removing the springform collar and slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.